- 2-¼ cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water
- 4 Tablespoons Pistachios, Finely Ground
- 12 whole Pistachios, For Garnish
1. Heat milk in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat.
2. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with a few tablespoons milk. Stir to create a smooth, gravy-like consistency. This is called a cornstarch slurry.
3. Add cornstarch slurry, sugar, cardamom, and rose water to the saucepan. Stirring constantly, heat mixture until it thickens and a few bubbles break through the surface.
4. Remove from the heat and ladle into serving dishes. This recipe will fill 4 small ramekins.
5. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing lightly onto the pudding. This prevents a skin from forming on the custard.
6. Refrigerate and cool completely. Sprinkle with ground pistachios, decorate with 2-3 whole pistachios, and serve.
All images and text © Parisa Kaprealian – Pretty Please Design
Original recipe URL: https://prettypleasedesign.com/2019/11/20/a-persian-touch/